3/16/12, Federal Criminal Appeals:
10 things you must know in my opinion…
This article is a must read for anyone going to federal court and or filing a federal appeal.
Federal Criminal Appeals: 10 Things You Should Know…
For the complete article and explanation of each of the 10 things you should know, go to:
10 Things You Should Know:
1. A Federal Criminal Appeal Is Not a Retrial or Rehearing of the Evidence.
2. A “Notice of Appeal” Is Not the Same as an Appeal.
3. Federal Criminal Appeals Are Generally Slow.
4. The Vast Majority of Appeals Are Resolved “On the Briefs.”
5. You Want Your Case to Be Orally Argued.
The Little Things Count On Appeal.
7. Appeals Can Be Costly.
8. Appeals Live and Die By What Happened In the District Court.
9. You May Not Want What the Appellate Court Has to Give.
10. Losing an Appeal Is Not the End of the Line.
Go to the website below for the complete article: